2 Tbsp oil
1 medium onion
2tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch chilli powder
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 cup capsicum, diced
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 ½ cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
½ cup fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Heat over to 225˚C
- In a large saucepan heat 1 Tbsp of oil. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add cumin, cinnamon and chilli and fry for 30 seconds, then add garlic and sauté briefly without browning.
- Add tomatoes, 1 cup water and white vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle sinner and add capsicum and drained beans.
- Gently cook until the liquid has formed a thick sauce and the vegetables are cooked.
- While the beans are cooking, coat pumpkin in remaining oil and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until well browned and cooked through.
- When cooked mix together with the coriander and serve.
This recipe has been supplied by the Heart Foundation of NZ.